Failed Google Reconsideration RequestPosted on January 23, 2014 under SEO
Ok, takeaways from a failed reconsideration request.
- All the sample links highlighted in the message are links that Google mentions in the Google Webmaster Tools ‘Download Latest’ spreadsheet. This seems to confirm what John Mueller has stated that going through
the listed link profile in Google Webmaster Tools before submitting a reconsideration request would be enough in most cases.
- Took around 4 weeks for a reply from the reconsideration reply, and that’s over the busy holiday period.
- 2 are article marketing directories, with keyword rich anchor texts. These links were overlooked and should have been in the original submission.
- Google has little tolerance. The vast majority of these website links had been removed or disavowed at considerable time and expense, and removing links didn’t just rely on the limited links in GWT though as stated above this may be enough. Other software such as Majestic SEO was used to identify the link profile.
- Google’s Feedback certainly helps.